Monday, February 9, 2009

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


1 to 2 cups of Cooked Chicken (shredded or diced, your preference)
1 cup diced Onion
1 cup diced Celery
1 cup diced Carrots
2 cans Chicken Broth
2 cans Water (I use the chicken broth can)
2 cans Cream of ____ Soup (blank because you can use what you like)
2 tablespoons of your favorite Herbs
2 cups of Egg Noodles
Salt and Pepper to taste

Put everything in your crockpot on high 3-4 hours, or on low 8 -9 hours.
If you like your soup thinner, cook the noodles before placing them in the crockpot. I like mine thicker so I'm going to put the noodles in and let them cook in the soup, I put them in the last half hour and put it on high if it was on low before. The herbs I'm using are Parley, Basil, Oregano, and Sage. Just a pinch of the Basil, Oregano, and Sage. Use dried herbs because they will rehydrate in the soup. I used Cream of Chicken and Cream of Onion soup.
Hopefully it will turn out well.

Keep watching for my Tex-Mex Egg Roll Recipe!

Up date: The recipe was good. I thought it still needed something so I'm going to work on the herb mixture. Jason on the other hand loved it, he had 3 bowls! And he is excited about taking some of the left overs to work.

Head on over to Blissfully Domestic for more great recipes and tips!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I do something very similar to this! :) I use rice instead of noodles in mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to have to put this head to head with my mother-in-law's chicken soup. I'll let you know who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo this sounds wonderful. I've been making soup everyday lately, and I'm adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delish!. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete